U.S. Citizens in Canada InfoShop

2012 Jan 11 – Dobby

Christine Dobby
Thinking of coming clean with the IRS? Read this
Financial Post (11 Jan 2012)


After a review of the current situation, with links, Dobby suggests four steps for persons “considering getting up to date with U.S. tax and foreign bank account filings”: (1) Obtain US identification number (2) File US tax returns (3) File foreign bank account reports (4) Consider seeking professional help. For a tax return alone, the IRS estimates “the average time burden for record keeping, tax planning and form completion at 22 hours.”

Written by usxcanada

11 January 2012 at 11:00 am

%d bloggers like this: